Red Wine Chocolate Brownies

Last night I needed chocolate. And I have tons of it, but it was all at the office. So I did what any sane self-respecting Millennial does, and went out to get a box of brownie mix and doctor it up.

But I had a problem. The day before I made a DIY hair mask, and I didn't realize I was out of eggs (more on that later). So I had to figure out how to make brownies without eggs.

It worked.

I give you, the fudgiest most incredible brownies ever!



They are amazing.



Ready? Go!

Super-Fudge Red Wine Chocolate Brownies
  • 1 box Ghirardelli triple fudge brownie mix 
  • In a 1/3 measuring cup, fill almost all the way (about 2/3) with red wine of your choice (I used Love Noir Pinot Noir) and fill the rest of the measuring cup with half and half or milk
  • in a 1/3 measuring cup, mix 2-3 Tbs melted butter and fill the rest of the measuring cup with vegetable oil. mix well. 
  • Scant 1/3 cup mayonnaise 
  • Chocolate chips 
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a greased cast iron skillet, sprinkle with extra chocolate chips (if you're up for it) and bake for 40 minutes at 325. When done, brownies will still be extremely wet. Take out of the oven and leave in hot skillet for another 20 minutes before serving. 

You should totally top with vanilla ice cream or whip cream. 

These were such a hit that when I got home to take a photo of a skillet full of brownies, there was only one left.

Comments

Popular Posts