The Best Bratwurst Ever - Easy and Delicious!

I've never been a huge fan of Brats, or sausage, or hot dogs. But every once in a while, I just have to have a good Bratwurst. Here's how I make mine!


This is one of my favorite meals to make in bulk, because it freezes well and re-heats well. I just take my little plastic containers and put rice, bratwurst, onions, peppers, and steamed broccoli. Throw it in the freezer. When you're ready to eat it, zap it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes and your meal tastes fresh!



Ingredients:
8 High-quality Bratwurst (I like Harris Teeter's store brand, or the "Beer Brats")
2 small yellow onions or one large one
3 or 4 small bright peppers (optional)
2 tbs butter
10-12 oz dark beer (a black Porter, IPA, or Stout works well)


Instructions
:
In a large pan, heat the butter and saute the onions until they begin to caramelize. (add the peppers if you want!)




Put the brats on top of the onions, and pour the beer over-top. Cover the pan and put the heat on medium.



Cook until the brats are cooked all the way through (usually 20 minutes)

Serve on freshly cooked rice with veggies on the side!




Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts